Live Scores


Tuesday 11 October 2011

Ageless body, pointless Zaheer



N Srinivasan, Treasurer of BCCAs a proud Indian I hold many things about my country in high esteem. This includes our food, our films, our cultural heritage, NASA, Bhutan, and of course, Roger Binny.

One of the things I am most proud of is the Indian body. By which I mean the physique of my fellow Indian men (e.g. Sreesanth) and women (e.g. Elizabeth Hurley). Now many foreign people often tell me that Indians are smaller, thinner and overall feebler than people of western countries such as England, Ireland or Scotland. To these people I usually say two things:

1. Sharad Pawar
2. This could be an optical illusion because you are very far away from us. If you come closer, we look bigger. This is why when Indians go to the US, they look normal size. For example: The Great Khali.

In fact, according to me the Indian body is a fine example of how the human form has evolved over millennia, to become more capable of fundamental human functions such as hunting for food, and software programming in Java.

So you can imagine my frustration when just a few days ago Zaheer Khan told the Times of India that "Indian bodies are not designed to bowl fast".

Now before we get agitated about this somewhat racist comment, we must remember that Zaheer Khan said quite a few controversial things in this interview. One other question the Times Of India asked him was how frustrating it was for Zaheer to get injured in the first Test at Lord's during the recently concluded England-India series. To which Zaheer replied: "It happens… I was 100% fit when I landed in England and didn't rush my return in any way but picked up another injury."

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I am laughing so hard with such loud snorting noises that I can comfortably break wind a few times right now without anybody realising right away.

This writer was at Lord's when Zaheer came on to play. From a distance it looked as if he was having a very intimate conversation with Sachin Tendulkar before running up to bowl. Eventually when Tendulkar began running up with Zaheer, I realised that the additional small person was just an extension of Zaheer Khan himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment